Weight Loss After Pregnancy
Once you have given birth to your bundle of joy, your next concern may be shedding the extra pounds that you gained during pregnancy. There are several things you will need to keep in mind when you set your weight loss goals:
1. Losing the weight can take a year or more.
2. Getting back to pre-baby weight may happen, but getting back to pre-baby size may not. Your body changes for good when you are pregnant, and your hips will probably be wider permanently.
3. If you are breastfeeding, remember that calorie restrictive diets may not be a good idea. You need to have enough nutrients for your baby!
4. Wait for your body to heal. Giving birth is very hard on your body and it takes a long time to heal.
5. Don't forget to exercise!
6. Start out gently. Begin your exercising regimen with something gentle, then gradually build speed, duration, and intensity.